editorial direction | content marketing | copywriting
Head of Content
Career Contessa is a digital media platform dedicated to expanding the conversation around work and gender. Since joining the team as the first full-time hire in 2015, we've experienced 141% annual growth. As Head of Content I:
- Direct the voice and tone across all channels including social, email, website, in-person events, as well as on partner sites including Refinery29, Fast Company, Entrepreneur Women, Camille Styles, and Cupcakes and Cashmere.
- Oversee both the marketing and editorial departments to deliver and promote content, which ranges from long-form interviews to advice articles to downloadable guides and resources.
- Conceptualize and create sponsored campaigns with partners including Squarespace, Delta, Thrive Market, Trunk Club, TurboTax, Blue Apron, and more.
- Strategize and write email campaigns, including producing the weekly newsletter (delivered to 100k+ subscribers with a 32% average open rate)
- Manage a team of 10 full-time and part-time staff members.
The Collected Group
As a contract employee, I write marketing copy (email campaigns, website promotions, and product descriptions) for TCG's three brands: Current/Elliott, Equipment, and Joie.
I've written articles for sites and publications including Fast Company, Refinery29, Knit Wit Magazine, The Chalkboard Mag, ARTINFO, The Rumpus, TechCrunch, and the Coveteur, among others under my own byline, on behalf of Career Contessa, and as a ghostwriter.
Digital Editor, Senior Project Manager
University of Southern California
As a part of USC's in-house web design firm, I worked directly with clients to deliver projects including strategizing and writing digital content.
Web + Brand Designer / Digital Marketing Strategist
Flavorus (now See Tickets)
I designed, wrote, and executed websites and online marketing campaigns for various event-based clients including record labels, sports teams, and festivals.
The Art Reserve
I ran the content side of The Art Reserve, a Los Angeles-based art collections management firm, which included pitching art reviews, artist profiles, and arts + cultural news.
Visitor Services Lead + Educator
The Annenberg Space for Photography
I conducted tours and educational workshops in the space, including VIP tours for industry leaders and show collaborators. I also on a 4-person committee to organize and execute new educational programming for the Space and managed the front-of-house strategy for the weekly IRIS lecture series with photographers and artists.